Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
Thanks to dental implants, it's possible to completely restore missing teeth. The innovative tooth restoration option is one of the many dental services offered by your Santa Rosa Beach, FL, and DeFuniak Springs, FL, dentists, Drs. Michael O'Donnell, Courtney Wright and Chris Farrugia of Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics.
No other restoration method replaces your entire tooth
Bridges and dentures replace missing teeth, but both have one important drawback. They only restore your crowns, the part of your teeth you see when you smile. A dental implant replaces your entire missing tooth from the root to the crown.
Your Santa Rosa Beach, FL, and DeFuniak Springs, FL, dentist implants a small titanium post during the first step of the dental implant process. The post serves as an artificial root and supports a dental crown. In some cases, you'll need to wait about three to six months before a permanent crown can be attached to your dental implant. During that time, the implant will slowly fuse to your bone and eventually become as strong as your natural roots.
The benefits of dental implants
A full smile can improve your self-esteem and make chewing much easier. When there's a gap in your teeth, it can be hard to grind, tear, and chew food. As a result, you may not chew your food thoroughly before you swallow it and may be more likely to experience an upset stomach.
Dental implants are the next best thing to growing a new tooth. In fact, many Santa Rosa Beach, FL, and DeFuniak Springs, FL, residents say that their new tooth doesn't feel any different than their natural teeth.
Cost is certainly an important consideration when you consider restoration methods. Dental implants may cost a little more than other restoration methods initially but can save you money over time. In most cases, dental implants never need to be replaced. Bridges and dentures must be replaced approximately every 10 to 15 years due to wear. You will need to replace your crowns occasionally, although the cost will be less than replacing an entire bridge or denture.
Are you ready to find out if dental implants are a good choice for you? Schedule an appointment with Dr. O'Donnell, Dr. Wright, or Dr. Farrugia of Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics by calling (850) 622-5888 for the Santa Rosa Beach, FL, office, or (850) 892-2500 for the DeFuniak Springs, FL, office!
You can fill those gaps and replace missing teeth for the long term with dental implants.
Are you trying to figure out the best way to restore those gaps in your teeth left over by tooth loss? If so, chances are good that you’ve heard about dental implants. They have become a popular way for our Santa Rosa Beach and DeFuniak Springs, FL, dentists Dr. Michael O’Donnell and Dr. Chris Farrugia improve toothless smiles because they offer unique benefits that other options don’t, some of which include,
If you think about dental crowns, bridges, dentures and other restorations, we know that at some point these restorations are going to need to be repaired or replaced. After all, they aren’t meant to last forever. Of course, the same cannot be said for dental implants. Not only are implants made from thick, durable titanium but they also fuse together with the jawbone to become a permanent structure within the mouth. Once the implant has fused with the jawbone it’s meant to last a lifetime. Just ask your dentists in Santa Rosa Beach and DeFuniak Springs.
Restored Speech and Chewing
Even just losing one permanent tooth can be enough to affect your speech or make it challenging to chew your food properly. Fortunately, just by getting a dental implant we can completely restore speech, get rid of speech impediments caused by tooth loss and even make it easier to chew all your favorite foods again. Don’t feel self-conscious again about going out to dinner; dental implants have your back!
Most people know that when they lose a tooth that the jawbone will also be affected. This is because the jawbone requires full stimulation from the roots of the tooth. When the tooth is extracted or falls out, the jawbone no longer gets the complete stimulation it needs. As a result, the jawbone begins to deteriorate.
While other restorations can replace missing teeth (e.g. dentures) they cannot prevent the jawbone from deteriorating. The only restoration that can is a dental implant because it is meant to take the place of tooth roots (and it even fuses together naturally with the bone).
Are you interested in finding out more about dental implants and how they can revive your smile? We thought so! If so, your next step is to schedule a consultation with Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics in Santa Rosa Beach and DeFuniak Springs FL, today.
Learn more about dental implants from your DeFuniak Springs and Santa Rosa Beach dentists.
Have missing teeth? Dental implants are a popular option to replace missing teeth. Dr. Michael O'Donnell at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics, which is located in DeFuniak Springs and Santa Rosa Beach, FL offers state-of-the-art dental implants to their patients. Here are six amazing benefits of dental implants.
1. Looking Better- Dental implants will improve your appearance and make you look younger. A face with one or more missing teeth can sag and appear sunken. Implants allow you to maintain the natural shape of your smile and face.
2. Easier Eating- Dental implants will help restore your ability to chew food. They will help you enjoy food again. Taste and enjoy the foods you love without hesitation. With dental implants, you will experience the full taste of the foods you eat.
3. Improved Comfort- Dental implants do not move or slip. This eliminates some of the key problems of full and partial dentures, including discomfort from exposed nerves, gum irritation and poor fit. The result is comfort and freedom from embarrassment.
4. Prevent Bone Loss- Losing one or more teeth can lead to other health problems, such as the loss of some of your jawbone. Implants help to stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss.
5. Improved Self-Esteem- Losing your teeth can affect your self-esteem and self-confidence. It can make it embarrassing to smile or speak in front of people. Dental implants will improve your self-esteem and help to eliminate any embarrassment caused by your missing teeth.
6. Improved Speech- Losing your teeth can mean struggling to pronounce words. Not so with dental implants, which feel and function like natural teeth. Dental implants will restore your smile and improve your clarity of speech.
You look so much better when you smile. Make your smile your signature accessory. Call Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics in DeFuniak Springs and Santa Rosa Beach, FL today to schedule your consultation. Don't you owe it to yourself to get your smile back?