Posts for tag: dental implants
Do you need dental implants from your Santa Rosa Beach and DeFuniak Springs, FL, dentist
Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics provide dental implants to individuals who have lost their teeth. A small titanium post replaces missing tooth roots.
The procedure isn't painful and any discomfort is managed with over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication, like ibuprofen, or pain-relievers. Ice can also help relieve inflammation.
The procedure is quite simple. The titanium post is inserted into your jawbone and takes 3 to 6 months to fuse to the rest of the bone. Allergies are rare. The titanium post is biocompatible, so tissue rejection shouldn't occur, but you'll still need to visit your doctor throughout those few months to ensure no tissue rejection takes place.
You'll receive a temporary crown to get you through those months.
After those few months, you'll go back to your Santa Rosa Beach and DeFuniak Springs dentist. They'll insert a screw and abutment in the post to attach a porcelain crown matching the rest of your teeth.
Dental implants are advantageous in many ways. They can replace a single tooth, or multiple teeth, just View Examples, and support dentures. They're also one of the most successful restorative procedures, more than 95 percent success rate, and help restore bit and chewing function.
Caring for dental implants is straightforward:
- You'll brush and floss daily
- Regular dental checkups and professional cleanings
- Take proper care of gum tissues around dental implants since implants don't decay
- Use fluoride-containing products
- Drink fluoride-containing water
Not everyone is a good candidate for dental implants, so you need to consult your doctor first. Your dentist will provide a complete oral examination, which include x-rays, to determine your procedural candidacy.
Please schedule a consultation if you're interested in learning more about dental implants. Call your Santa Rosa Beach and DeFuniak Springs, FL, dentist today!
You can fill those gaps and replace missing teeth for the long term with dental implants.
Are you trying to figure out the best way to restore those gaps in your teeth left over by tooth loss? If so, chances are good that you’ve heard about dental implants. They have become a popular way for our Santa Rosa Beach and DeFuniak Springs, FL, dentists Dr. Michael O’Donnell and Dr. Chris Farrugia improve toothless smiles because they offer unique benefits that other options don’t, some of which include,
If you think about dental crowns, bridges, dentures and other restorations, we know that at some point these restorations are going to need to be repaired or replaced. After all, they aren’t meant to last forever. Of course, the same cannot be said for dental implants. Not only are implants made from thick, durable titanium but they also fuse together with the jawbone to become a permanent structure within the mouth. Once the implant has fused with the jawbone it’s meant to last a lifetime. Just ask your dentists in Santa Rosa Beach and DeFuniak Springs.
Restored Speech and Chewing
Even just losing one permanent tooth can be enough to affect your speech or make it challenging to chew your food properly. Fortunately, just by getting a dental implant we can completely restore speech, get rid of speech impediments caused by tooth loss and even make it easier to chew all your favorite foods again. Don’t feel self-conscious again about going out to dinner; dental implants have your back!
Most people know that when they lose a tooth that the jawbone will also be affected. This is because the jawbone requires full stimulation from the roots of the tooth. When the tooth is extracted or falls out, the jawbone no longer gets the complete stimulation it needs. As a result, the jawbone begins to deteriorate.
While other restorations can replace missing teeth (e.g. dentures) they cannot prevent the jawbone from deteriorating. The only restoration that can is a dental implant because it is meant to take the place of tooth roots (and it even fuses together naturally with the bone).
Are you interested in finding out more about dental implants and how they can revive your smile? We thought so! If so, your next step is to schedule a consultation with Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics in Santa Rosa Beach and DeFuniak Springs FL, today.
Learn more about dental implants from your DeFuniak Springs and Santa Rosa Beach dentists.
Have missing teeth? Dental implants are a popular option to replace missing teeth. Dr. Michael O'Donnell at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics, which is located in DeFuniak Springs and Santa Rosa Beach, FL offers state-of-the-art dental implants to their patients. Here are six amazing benefits of dental implants.
1. Looking Better- Dental implants will improve your appearance and make you look younger. A face with one or more missing teeth can sag and appear sunken. Implants allow you to maintain the natural shape of your smile and face.
2. Easier Eating- Dental implants will help restore your ability to chew food. They will help you enjoy food again. Taste and enjoy the foods you love without hesitation. With dental implants, you will experience the full taste of the foods you eat.
3. Improved Comfort- Dental implants do not move or slip. This eliminates some of the key problems of full and partial dentures, including discomfort from exposed nerves, gum irritation and poor fit. The result is comfort and freedom from embarrassment.
4. Prevent Bone Loss- Losing one or more teeth can lead to other health problems, such as the loss of some of your jawbone. Implants help to stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss.
5. Improved Self-Esteem- Losing your teeth can affect your self-esteem and self-confidence. It can make it embarrassing to smile or speak in front of people. Dental implants will improve your self-esteem and help to eliminate any embarrassment caused by your missing teeth.
6. Improved Speech- Losing your teeth can mean struggling to pronounce words. Not so with dental implants, which feel and function like natural teeth. Dental implants will restore your smile and improve your clarity of speech.
You look so much better when you smile. Make your smile your signature accessory. Call Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics in DeFuniak Springs and Santa Rosa Beach, FL today to schedule your consultation. Don't you owe it to yourself to get your smile back?
The many benefits of dental implants
You want dental implants, but you’re not sure if they are right for you. It’s an important question, and one you shouldn’t make alone. You need to seek out the help of the experts, like the dentists at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. They want to help you discover the many benefits of dental implants.
Dental implants are the best solution to replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. They far surpass conventional tooth replacement methods like bridgework, partials or dentures. The dentists at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics want you to know when you choose dental implants you will experience:
- Enhanced cosmetic beauty, because they look completely natural
- Complete stability, because they are embedded in bone
- Complete permanence, because they become a permanent part of your smile
- Increased convenience, because you clean them just like your normal teeth
- A more youthful appearance, because they help to preserve your bone structure
Dental implants have a high success rate of more than 95 percent! This makes dental implants the most successful surgically placed implant. There are a few medical and lifestyle issues which can compromise the success of a dental implant. Be sure to tell the dentists at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics if you:
- Have diabetes uncontrolled by medication
- Smoke or drink excessive amounts of alcohol
- Have current or a history of periodontal disease
- Have cancer or a history of radiation to your jaws
Dental implants work by fusing with the bone in your jaw. The dentists at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida will place your dental implant and over time, your bone grows and fuses with implant securing it in place.
They may use multiple component dental implants, which require a healing period before a crown can be placed; or they may use a single component dental implant which is all in one piece. Single component implants allow you to have the crown immediately as part of the implant.
You should get dental implants if you want the most modern, natural-looking tooth replacement available. Dental implants are an investment, so don’t see just anyone. You need the help of the experts, so call the dentists at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics with offices in Santa Rosa Beach, and DeFuniak Springs, Florida. Call today and find out the many benefits of dental implants!