Posts for: May, 2016
The many benefits of dental implants
You want dental implants, but you’re not sure if they are right for you. It’s an important question, and one you shouldn’t make alone. You need to seek out the help of the experts, like the dentists at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. They want to help you discover the many benefits of dental implants.
Dental implants are the best solution to replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. They far surpass conventional tooth replacement methods like bridgework, partials or dentures. The dentists at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics want you to know when you choose dental implants you will experience:
- Enhanced cosmetic beauty, because they look completely natural
- Complete stability, because they are embedded in bone
- Complete permanence, because they become a permanent part of your smile
- Increased convenience, because you clean them just like your normal teeth
- A more youthful appearance, because they help to preserve your bone structure
Dental implants have a high success rate of more than 95 percent! This makes dental implants the most successful surgically placed implant. There are a few medical and lifestyle issues which can compromise the success of a dental implant. Be sure to tell the dentists at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics if you:
- Have diabetes uncontrolled by medication
- Smoke or drink excessive amounts of alcohol
- Have current or a history of periodontal disease
- Have cancer or a history of radiation to your jaws
Dental implants work by fusing with the bone in your jaw. The dentists at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida will place your dental implant and over time, your bone grows and fuses with implant securing it in place.
They may use multiple component dental implants, which require a healing period before a crown can be placed; or they may use a single component dental implant which is all in one piece. Single component implants allow you to have the crown immediately as part of the implant.
You should get dental implants if you want the most modern, natural-looking tooth replacement available. Dental implants are an investment, so don’t see just anyone. You need the help of the experts, so call the dentists at Great Florida Smiles & Orthodontics with offices in Santa Rosa Beach, and DeFuniak Springs, Florida. Call today and find out the many benefits of dental implants!